Monday, November 3, 2008

Confessions of a college call girl

The bastard!!!!!!!!!

My brother opened my pack of Red Rock Deli chips yesterday and this morning when I took them out the bag is half gone!!! I am seriously tempted to march into his room right now where he is still sleeping and pinch his ears! grrr...no kidding, I have been hiding my stash of chips in my bedroom away from my brother's eyes instead of in the pantry. Unfortunately he found this out too. lol :P


Anyway on a more serious note, why the title you ask? well, i was reading a blog yesterday night, written by a (now ex?) college girl who turned to prostitution during college for financial funding. You can read her blog at http://collegecallgirl.blogspot.com/




As I read her blog (which mostly tells of her "sex-capades" with her various male clients) I was filled with a sense of sadness for this lady. In it the writer bared her innermost thoughts and pain of how because of the nature of her job, her self worth was based on sex and outward appearance, not the witty,intellectual person she is inside.
In one entry she mentioned how she grew up in a Southern baptist church, and spent many Sundays attending church and being told "True Love waits" and at one point searching for God but not finding Him. God, to her, just simply doesn't care. Then she just went her own ways after that. I felt for her, because as I read her blog it was as if I saw beneath all her wild woman ways here was a woman who is so vulnerable and broken. Someone who still hasn't yet understood God's grace as a God who is interested in every aspect of her life. Someone who is broken, and yet..somehow still seeking.



1 comment:

Cyn said...

Yeah, it is quite easy to judge people, but when you listen to their stories, you would have a different perception. I went to a strip joint for someone's birthday -- while I was in the bathroom, some of the show girls talked to me. One said that it is really hard on herself because she has to face rejection all the time. The true foundation of Love is Christ himself. When a person is able to love others as he/she loves him/herself, he/she would be able to experience grace.