Friday, October 31, 2008

"me-days"

Been feeling very tired lately, due to constant chronic neck pain. I think maybe that's what has been making me so cranky? Don't know why, but for some reason lately I have been finding it a struggle to be enthusiastic about work. Don't get me wrong, I love my Thornbury customers, they are usually a delight to serve, most of them are just so nice. Which is why I put up with the lower than market rate. Not that I sound whingy, I am grateful to be able to work. :P

Take this lol (little old lady I call for short) for instance. Cute Mrs M. We deliver her meds every Fri afternoon without fail. She's 86, widowed and living by herself (still very independently!) at home. However because of her age she is limited in her mobility to pick up her meds from her local pharmacy (us). Hence the delivery every Fri afternoons.

Anyway, to get back to my story, little Mrs M has been getting deaf of late. So poor Punam (my lovely pharmacy assistant & sidekick) was left standing at the door for about 15 mins ringing the doorbell so insistently it was ready to bring the whole house down, and Mrs M still didn't hear her because she was in the garden tending the flowers. This happened repeatedly over a few times so much so that Mrs M actually rang me to ask whether Punam was there at the door.

Then yesterday after ringing twice and Punam returning from her rounds Mrs M rang again to say she wanted something else and could Punam please deliver....after the 2nd delivery for her that morning she rang to tell us that it was a mistake and she actually had a full box....at this point we were, like -_-!!!!!! But little Mrs M was so upset for all the trouble we went through for her I could actually hear her voice breaking over the phone. Well, to hear a 86-yr-old lol crying over the phone your heart would soften too, wouldn't you?

Ah well, that's what we'll all be when we get old.

No comments: